Monday, November 19, 2012

Super Quick I Dont Have Time To Cook Veggie Rice Stirfry: Fast Vegan Recipe


So, my CSA {Community Supported Agriculture} program, AKA my veggie Santa brought me zucchini, cherry tomatoes and parsley as part of this week's delivery. And, I was determined to make dinner tonight with just what I had available in my kitchen. 
But, I have a paper due tomorrow and I have been running around like an insane person trying to fill all of my holiday orders and get ready for leaving for Thanksgiving. That and studying, you know. Whatever. 
So I really didn't have time to cook. 
I don't even really have time to write this blog but I am so stressed I cant sleep. 
It fabulous. 
So, this is what I came up with. Finished the entire meal in under 15 minutes and there were no leftovers. 

Super Quick I Don't Have Time To Cook Veggie Rice Stir-fry
*Prep time: 1 mins  *Cook Time:  10-15 minutes  *Serves: 2
Vegan stir-fry

Ingredients
1 tbs Olive Oil
1 Medium Zucchini
1- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
depending on how much you love cherry tomatoes
3 tsp balsamic vinaigrette
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbs dried basil
1 tbs sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup instant rice or quinoa
if instant rice is blasphemy in your book go for quinoa, it cooks up in 15 mins



Step 1: Cook rice/quinoa according to package directions and heat the olive oil over medium high heat. 
Step 2: While that is heating up, throw your zucchini, cherry tomatoes and parsley into your food processor or blender and roughly chop. Throw that into your skillet and stir-fry on high heat 5 mins.
Step 3: Add your balsamic vinaigrette, salt, pepper, sun-dried tomatoes and rice/quinoa. Stir fry another 5 minutes on high or until most of the water has evaporated from the skillet, being careful not to burn your food. 
Step 4: Done. Eat. 
This is a great meal if you want something fresh and delicious but you don't really have time to cook anything

No comments:

Post a Comment