Thursday, February 9, 2012

Vegan Pesto Rocks my World

I LOVE pesto. Before I went vegan I would put it on anything, and I really mean absolutely anything I thought had even the remote chance of being good with pesto.

So when I decided to come up with a Vegan pesto recipe, I decided it had to be a really amazing one. What makes it even better? Its as simple as simple gets.
I promise, vegan or no, once you make it your never going to bother with another recipe. If you do then we probably can't be friends anymore.

Basil Loves Cilantro Vegan Pesto
Ingredients
2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
1 cup loosely packed cilantro
1/3 cup pine nuts
2 cloves of crushed garlic
4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon should cover it)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil

Throw everything minus the olive oil into your food processor. Blend it for a few seconds until it has started to turn into a paste- don't forget to scrape the sides. Then drizzle the olive oil in and blend to pulverization.  If you don't have a food processor you can accomplish the same delicious end with your blender. 

Its a perfect go to for snacking. It really is good on anything: bread, tortilla chips, carrots, a spoon- 
Try slicing up some mushrooms and mixing them up with some pesto. Its really light and completely delicious. 
Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment