Wednesday, February 22, 2012

You know what I Love? Lent.

This is absolutely, 100% NOT a religious post.
In fact: Im not Catholic. Its true.

But I do {Love} Lent.
My vegan life started with Lent. 
For me Lent never meant giving something up, per say. It was a time for me to do something good for someone else. Whether or not your Catholic or even religious, you can take these 40 days to change yourself for the better. Once you do something for 40 days you find that it becomes easier to incorporate into your every day from then on.

So I love lent. Doing something good for someone else makes me giddy.

I don't think anyone would argue that factory farming is awesome for the animals involved. I don't think that's ever the argument made. But maybe you don't think you could/should give up meat/animal products forever. And you know what?
If its not for  you then rock on with your bad self.
But why not try it for Lent? 
Its something you can do for someone else {and for your own health} for 40 days. And after those 40 days you will have a range of vegan foods you fell in love with that you can incorporate into your every day diet. Lowering your cholesterol and your funding of factory farming all at once. Double Rainbow Winning.

40 days vegan can seem really intimidating for someone who's never tried it before. I know, I was there.
So instead of starting with 40 days, why not try 7? 
Give it a go. It will lower your risk of heart disease and will help you add healthy eating habits to your diet.
I will be right here posting recipes and snack options  for you and I will set you up with a plan for each day of the week. All of the recipes in our 7 days vegan will be delicious and easy, I promise.
7 days of Vegan Deliciousness.
Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment